Little Sens Learn to Play
Locally, in partnership with HEO, Hockey Outaouais, and the Ottawa Senators Foundation, this new initiative will help introduce children from across Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec to the sport of hockey in a fun and positive setting with minimal time and financial commitments.
Players will receive 1 hour of ice time per week and learn the basics through cross-ice drills and games from an expert team of instructors from the Ottawa Senators Hockey Programs (the leading provider of skill development programs in the Ottawa-Gatineau region) and Hockey Eastern Ontario (the governing branch of Hockey Canada in Ottawa).
Please note that players enrolled in the Learn To Play Hockey Program are expected to meet a minimum skill and ability requirement. Participants MUST be able to stand and propel themselves around the ice as well as be able to fall and get back up to a standing position without assistance. If your child does not know how to skate, we highly recommend that you sign up for Sparty Learn 2 Skate before registering in this program.
Key Program Details:
- Each session features 1 hours of ice time
- Each participant receives head to toe Little Sens hockey equipment (view image)
- Helmet, skates, gloves, shoulder pads, elbow pads, pants, shin pads, stick, equipment bag, socks and a jersey.
- Please note: neck guards and jock/jill not included, but are mandatory.
- Visits by Senators Alumni
- Open to children born from 2010 to 2014 who have not previously registered in minor hockey through HEO, Hockey Outaouais, or ODWHA.
- Three 10-week seasons are available
- Season 1: September to December
- Season 2: January to April
- Season 3: April to June
- Program cost just $187 + HST